"We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day."
OK, yeah, the original plan of going to NYC with Landon and my family for the Pinstripe Bowl (Go Wildcats), a little sightseeing, football at local pubs and spending New Years Eve on a boat on the river with the fireworks along the city skyline would have been fun... BUT after the flights were cancelled, Plan B turned out to be great as well! : ) Landon and I started the night off with dinner reservations at Shogun Steakhouse of Japan. We both had Filet and Scallops Hibachi (then of course the salad, soup, rice, noodles and veggies). After our bellies were stuffed, we went back and watched all the NYC countdown shows. I started with Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin because it came on TV first and I like Anderson Cooper, but I think they might have had a few too many drinks before air time... so on to Carson Daly and, of course, Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest. We shot off fireworks that were leftover from the 4th of July! We did a "Cheers" at Midnight EST (for Jason and Alli) and then a "Cheers and a kiss" at Midnight CST to officially bring in the year 2011!! New Year's Day began with an "All-Star Special" breakfast at Waffle House, lots of football, taking down all of the Christmas decorations (always a sad time..) and we wrapped it all up with some 32 Winds wine while watching my OU Sooners win the Fiesta Bowl!! I am grateful to bring in a new year with someone I love.. <3 
No comments:
Post a Comment